In our day to day lives, we are intertwined with a lot of gadgets at home or in the office. The most important gadget that we use now a days is the laptop. And if we talk about the laptops, then Macbook is the only brand that tops the list of best laptop brands. In the laptops we use, the keyboard is one of the most important types of equipment. Without a proper keyboard, a user isn’t able to do anything. So, how can you clean the Macbook keyboard?
On the laptops or computers that we use for the whole day, the keyboard is one of the most important equipments that helps us in writing, sending emails, or allows us to do similar things. Keyboard is the part on which our fingers get touch repeatedly easily get dirty due to the structure. And sometimes, because of the dirt and dust, the keyboard gets clogged up and demands a Macbook keyboard replacement.
Keyboards consist of the small gaps that develop between the letter keys. This becomes microbial nests as due to passage of time, small pieces or dust are formed in between them. Thus, it becomes vital for the user to clean up the Apple laptop keyboard from time to time to keep it in running condition always.
How should the Macbook keyboards be cleaned?
You would be aware of the fact that computers are classified into two types as desktop and laptop. And when the dust gets collected in the keyboard, the answer to how to clean it depends upon the two different keyboards.
In this article, we have covered details regarding how the Macbook keyboard should be cleaned. Here are some of the ways that you can follow for cleaning your keyboard
What are the important points that should be kept in mind for keyboard cleaning?
- One of the most vital things to keep in mind while cleaning the Macbook keyboard is to not use the chemical substances all through the process of cleaning. If you use some of the substances like acetone and cologne, then it may damage the MacBook keyboard and cause discoloration.
- If you use the electronic cleaning kits that are available in the market, then it would be much safer.
- The cloth that you use during the process of cleaning the keyboard also plays an important role. Be sure that you do not use the cloths that can damage the MacBook keyboard surface. One of the best types of clothes that you should use is undoubtedly the microfiber cloths.
How to Clean Macbook Computer Keyboard?
- First of all, you need to disconnect the keyboard from your computer. Then you need to place the keyboard on a flat surface and also place a paper under it.
- Then gently shake or tap the keyboard upside down. This will dust down the small pieces of dirt that would be close to the keys. It will shed off to the paper.
- Then, for cleaning the MacBook keyboard on the inner side, you can use the vacuum cleaner. Then gently run off the cleaner over your keyboard. Keep in mind that you operate it at the low levels
- Also, you can use the swab for dusting the dirt that gets collected between the keys.
- The last suggestion is to remove off all the screws from the corners of your keyboard and then clean it off. This would the complex step, but if you aren’t able to do this, then you can take the help of Macbook air repair experts.
What are the steps to clean the Macbook keyboard?
It would be quite hard for the crumbs, dust, etc to sit under the compactly designed Apple’s butterfly keys. But if there’s actually dust or dirt underneath the keyboard keys, then it becomes a struggle for an individual to clean the MacBook keyboard.
The dirt and dust that gets collected inside the keys lead to the keys being stuck and also not functions properly. So, do you also want to know about how can you clean the Macbook keyboard to eliminate all these issues? So, here’s the guide of how you can do this task all by yourself!
- All you’ll need is a compressed air for doing this process. You can purchase a canister of compressed air from one of the hardware stores.
- Now, you need to do hold off your Macbook in a tilted position of up to 75 degrees. Ensure that it isn’t vertical but is slightly tilted off so as to get that angle.
- Now, just spray the compressed air on the keyboard and then cover the area of the affected keys.
- Next, you need to turn your Macbook to the other side and spray off the keyboard with the compressed air.
- You need to repeat this step a few more times.